My brief review of Jose Saramago’s THE ELEPHANT’S JOURNEY is up.
I mentioned it elsewhere, but not here: my review of Shell Games: Rogues, Smugglers, and the Hunt for Nature’s Bounty appeared recently at the Star Tribune, in Minneapolis.
- I mentioned this in a couple of other places, but please have a look at my two newest book reviews, both at the Star Tribune newspaper in lovely Minnesota. Here and here.
- East Coast, looking for a last minute holiday recommendation for book gifting? Have a listen to Condalmo friend Michelle – she’ll be talking up some good books on the radio today. Here’s your link.
- There should be a new review up at Identity Theory this week.
- Have a look at this Christmas story.
- Finally, here’s hoping you are all having a good holiday.
I’m pleased to see that Joseph Coulson’s excellent Of Song and Water is being released in paperback by Archipelago Books. I liked this book a lot – here’s my interview with Mr. Coulson, and here’s my review of the book at The Quarterly Conversation. We also recently ran a review of it at Identity Theory.
- Here’s a new short story by David Mitchell.
- David Ulin has an interesting piece in the Los Angeles Times about difficulty with focusing on reading, given the hypnotic internet. There’s been a lot of enthusiastic assent about this article … on the internet.
- Michael Pollan thinks you might enjoy putting down the Hamburger Helper and doing some cooking.
- Two new reviews at Identity Theory this week: the excellent Of Song and Water by Joseph Coulson, and Hurry Down Sunshine (also quite good) by Michael Greenberg.