- A case for keeping links out of the body of a piece, and putting them at the end. (Roundups get a free pass. Right?) I have to agree.
- Alain de Botton, in a move likely to irritate internet junkies, suggests that we take a look at our informational intake and cut some calories. Agreed again; I slashed 1/3 of my Google Reader subscriptions the other day, and I feel as light as a feather.
- Interesting essay from way back (1903?) by Georg Simmel – The Metropolis and Modern Life – that might provide some insights into our wired present.
- The “last generation” of typewriter repairmen.
- Louis Armstrong: “What a Wonderful Surprise”
- A TED talk on the case for anonymity online. Don’t miss the comments.