- An essay about Saramago and Death with Interruptions
- Revealing the many fine New England-based lit journals
- If you’re buying books for a penny through online superstores, you’re shooting yourself in the foot
- of Maine reviews Synecdoche, New York
- Get in early on The Northville Review
- All the best bits from The New Yorker 2008 that you’ve already read, collected in one place
- David Lynch’s fave films, filmmakers
- For Christmas, got a nice Italian lit journal from the missus with stories and interviews with Haruki Murakami, Russell Banks, and others. Very great. After Christmas, I received review copies of Keith Lee Morris’ The Dart League King (which Maud rightly praised here) and an audiobook edition of The Elements of Style, which I think I publicly drooled over on these pages at some point. I’ve only had time to listen to the introductions. It makes me want to give Frank McCourt a hug.