Slate has a piece regarding Stanley Fish’s forthcoming book How to Write a Sentence and How to Read One that has five of the Professor’s favorite examples of excellent sentences. The comments section is open for readers to make arguments for their favorite sentences; so far, 120 people have chimed in with their contenders. What’s yours?
- David Foster Wallace on reading and commercial literature.
- Review: THE LAST BROTHER
- Amazon customer support phone number.
- Some days I make the sentences; some days, the sentences make me.
- Saving libraries: check out every book.
- Georges Perec’s manual for securing a raise.
- On a stockpile of erasers.